Skip directly to Find Help With navigation Skip directly to main navigation Skip directly to mission buttons Skip directly to site content
Go To The Emergency Preparedness Voluntary Registry Site

Go To Delaware Aging and Disability Resource Center Site

Go To Delaware 211 Site

To view any PDF form on this site you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click the icon below to download your free copy.

Go To Get Adobe Reader Site

Note: Some web users have problems viewing PDF files through their web browsers. To circumvent this problem, please right click on the link and save the file to your computer before using Adobe Reader.
  • Advocacy
  • Information & Refferal
  • Independent Living Skills
  • Peer Support
Core Services


If you or someone you know is a victim of abuse please call one of the agencies below to find help and report abuse.

Freedom Center Disclaimer

Adult Protective Services

DHSS Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities

  • New Castle County (302) 391-3500
  • Kent/Sussex County (302) 424-7310
  • Statewide Toll Free (800) 223-9074


Receives and investigates reports of abuse, neglect or exploitation of seniors and physically and/or mentally impaired adults, age 18 and over.

Referrals can be made anonymously and confidentiality is strictly observed.

Protecting Delaware’s Seniors

Delaware Attorney General

  • New Castle County (302) 577-8400
  • Kent County (302) 739-7641
  • Sussex County (302) 856-5352


Delaware Division of Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities:

  • New Castle County (302) 453-3820
  • Downstate (302) 422-1386

Receives and investigates reports of abuse, neglect or exploitation of seniors.

Child Crisis Help

24 hour Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline
    Report child abuse or neglect by calling 1-800-292-9582

24-hour Behavioral Health Crisis Services
    For emergency help with a child's emotional problem call

Safe Arms for Babies

Are you pregnant and feeling scared? Thinking about abandoning your baby? Now, there's help. It’s safe, legal, and completely anonymous. Call 1-800-262-9800

Rape/Crisis Intervention

(800) 262-9800

Domestic Violence (New Castle County)
(302) 762-6110

Domestic Violence (Kent/Sussex County)
(302) 422-8058

Domestic Violence (Northern Kent County)
(302) 678-3886

Rape (New Castle County)
(302) 761-9100

Rape (Kent/Sussex County)
(302) 422-2078

Suicide Crisis Prevention (New Castle County)
(800) 652-2929

Suicide Crisis Prevention (Kent/Sussex County)
(800) 345-6785

Return to top

Need More Information?
  Contact us   

There is no charge for services.
The Center is funded through the
U.S. Dept. of Education
Grant # H132A010061

Freedom Center for Independent Living
400 North Broad Street, Middletown, DE 19709

(302) 376-4399      1-844-277-0700      FAX: (302) 376-4395

For comments, questions, or to report broken links, email:
Subscribe to our Newsletter by sending an email to with “Subscribe to Newsletter” in the subject line

Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2015-2020 Freedom Center for Independent Living

The Freedom Center website is best viewed using the latest browsers which support the newest web technologies.
Please make sure you are using the newest Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Chrome and/or Safari browser.